[ppml] alternative realities (was PIv6 for legacy holders (/wRSA + efficient use))

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Jul 31 21:07:35 EDT 2007

At 5:31 PM -0700 7/31/07, David Conrad wrote:

>Anyhow, there won't be an explosion.  As Randy points out elsewhere,
>routing table growth is boiling the frog.

I'd agree with respect to current routing table growth, but not with
post-IPv4 depletion routing growth.  Currently large providers add
hundreds of customers per new prefix.   Don't expect the number
of new business customers to change, just the number of routes
that are needed to serve them when much smaller IPv4 blocks are
in play.

/John