[ppml] More on Kremen/Cohen

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Jul 31 20:33:18 EDT 2007

Um, you are aware that Cohen fled to Mexico with a warrent out for his
arrest 5 years ago, he apparently screwed up and crossed over into New
Mexico
last year and was arrested in the United States.  He is in custody now and
I believe sentencing is set for another week I think.

>Sounds fairly innocuous to me.

Does that mean that I can claim to the IRS that my residence is actually
in Mexico and thus avoid paying taxes in the US?  Even though I am living
in the US right now?

Since I suspect Cohen's address will be one of the federal pens for
a number of years I suspect his country of residence won't be Mexico
much longer. ;-)

>And no, your former country of residence doesn't get to force your
>new country
>of residence to revoke your driver's license in the new country,
>although, they
>can still force the Motor Vehicle's office in your country of former
>residence to
>issue your license to a different person, it just wouldn't make much sense.

Of course, when you stupidly walk back into your former country of residence
and get yourself arrested, all of this theorizing goes up in smoke...

Like I said - would you want one of your daughters dating either of
the scum?

This case should not have been in front of a court at all, the courts
(as of yet) have no business involved in IP addressing.  I support any
moves that ARIN makes to get the case vacated, even if they have to do
a scummy underhanded trick to do it.  Both of these people are pure slime
and deserve scummy tricks.  Both of them got what was coming to them
(pardon the pun)

Ted