[ppml] Motivating migration to IPv6

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Tue Jul 31 15:27:09 EDT 2007

Craig and Robert,

Have you deployed IPv6 across your network yet?  If not, could you do so
within 6 months?  An IPv4 allocation is usually sized for 6 months of
growth, so this proposal would require all growing IP networks to deploy
IPv6 within 6 months, instead of allowing them to do so over the next
few years (between now and when they can no longer grow with IPv4).  I
don't know about you, but such a mandate would significantly increase
our cost of deploying IPv6, for no real benefit.

-Scott