[ppml] Soliciting comments: IPv4 to IPv6 fast migration

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Fri Jul 27 22:44:40 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Scott Leibrand <sleibrand at internap.com> wrote:
> Ah, ok.  I wouldn't mind rephrasing that portion of 6.5.8.1 to read
> "qualify for an IPv4 assignment or allocation from ARIN under the IPv4
> policy currently in effect, or have qualified for, received, and
> continue to efficiently utilize an IPv4 assignment or allocation from ARIN."
>
> Would that qualify you for IPv6 PI?

Scott,

I could probably make a case for it. And if I couldn't, it wouldn't
kill me to renumber into a /24 as part of the whole process.

> And, out of curiosity, when/how did you get a directly assigned /23?

I got it the same way everybody else did: I got it before there was an ARIN.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin                  herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us