[ppml] Dean Anderson, 130.105.0.0/16 and the future of the IPv4 Internet.]

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Thu Jul 26 11:23:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 11:07:00AM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> 3. Alter the procedure to remove board members. I have been in
> discussion with Lee Howard, and there is no way to remove Vixie before
> October, about when his term expires.

Very well...this gives you two choices.  Either wait for his term to
expire and lobby for him to be replaced by someone else, or start the
removal process.  You won't get Mr. Vixie removed any faster unless you
convince him to step down, which I see as very unlikely.

In the meantime, I think we all very clearly understand your position
with regard to Mr. Vixie.  As near as I can tell, you see him as a
source of great evil.  Based on the fact he was elected to this
position, a large number of the ARIN membership do not agree...unless
you wish to also propose that the ballot box was stuffed.

In any case, we continue to be extremely clear on your point of view.
Can you *please* refrain yourself from sharing that point of view on
the public policy mailing list?  It's hard enough to keep up on some of
the znier points of view on the various v6 proposals (which have become
plentiful enough to require a scorecard to keep separate) without
additional useless chatter on this list.

Seriously, please take it somewhere else.  The bickering is doing
nothing good for this list, and is probably forcing some people to
start simply ignoring the entire list, which is a shame.  As Bill
Woodcock pointed out, we have to get some of the v6 decisions made at
the next meeting, and people's input is required now.

In case I haven't been clear enough in my request - and I really hope I
have been at this point - please stop posting to ppml unless you are
discussing one of the policy proposals that is on the table, or wish to
propose one yourself.

Thanks.

-David