[ppml] Dean Anderson, 130.105.0.0/16 and the future of the IPv4 Internet.]

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Thu Jul 26 11:07:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:

> > Vixie et al told people it had
> > no effect on the wire protocol, and that no implementations
> > had to change.
>
> Wire protocols?
>
> > MAPS seems pretty well funded, and you seem pretty well funded. Both
> > MAPS and Vixie provided attorneys in the case. And I _think_
> > one has to
> > dispute facts before one can do discovery for anything.
>
> Attorneys? Discovery?
>
> Why on earth is this discussion still on the public policy list?
>
> What do we need to do to get ARIN to clean up this mess?

1. Get honest and reliable ARIN board members.

2. Adopt a policy requiring honest and reliable ARIN board members.

3. Alter the procedure to remove board members. I have been in
discussion with Lee Howard, and there is no way to remove Vixie before
October, about when his term expires.

		--Dean

617 344 9000