[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-15: Authentication ofLegacy Resources

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Jul 25 14:47:21 EDT 2007

If we ever are in a situation where people are scrounging around for the
odd /24 of IPv4 that they can use to satisfy a need for IP address
allocation
to the point that they would be willing to contemplate going after a legacy
/24 holder for $1250 per month, I would take that as a definitive proof of
the utter failure to migrate to IPv6 post IPv4-runout.

In other words, the only solution at that time would be for all of us to
admit we failed, and allow the world's governments to come in and order
people to stop using IPv4 - because catastrophic failure of the Internet
otherwise would be imminent by then.

Ted