[ppml] Example of a questionable block Was: Re: Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a mailing list when we are unable to speak?

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Tue Jul 24 18:27:42 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> Strange, how Open Software Foundation does not show up in the
> list of New Hampshire Coprorations here:
>
> https://www.sos.nh.gov/corporate/soskb/csearch.asp
>
> But of course it IS a "foundation" so I guess they must
> have a 503(c) filing somewhere.  Perhaps the IRS listing of
> 503(c)s would be more instructive?

Ted,

The Democratic National Committee is a well known non-profit
organization headquartered in Washington DC. I assume you've heard of
it. Find it at DC's corporation site:

http://mblr.dc.gov/corp/lookup/index.asp

What you propose is not by itself a reliable test for a legacy
registrant's existance or legitimacy.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--