[ppml] Policy Proposal: Global Policy for the Allocation of the Remaining IPv4 Address Space

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Mon Jul 23 15:11:42 EDT 2007

Hi Roque,

A predictable final allocation at the endgame seems reasonable.

What are the current rates of consumption for each RIR? What is the
size of the connected, partially connected and unconnected populations
they serve?

Is the scope of each RIR's community well balanced with the other
RIRs? If not, I wonder if assigning them each the same final number of
/8's can be considered egalitarian. I suppose that question could be
mooted by setting N=1 though that would weaken the proposal in other
ways.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--