[ppml] Policy Proposal: Authentication of Legacy Resources

Leroy Ladyzhensky leroy at emailsorting.com
Tue Jul 10 14:55:06 EDT 2007

All this talk about legacy holders is really interesting...

comments range from actions the would end up bringing legeal nightmares of
insane magnitude, to.. "just let IPv6 take care of all this".

But has anyone yet come up with a number of how many IP addresses legacy
holders actually hold? whats the total number of /24's?
This has been asked before but I never saw any information or anynumbers...

also, most that have commented on this list that are legacy holders seem to
have only a /24 or something just a bit larger..

I guess my stand on this... is all this even going to be worth the effort.

Leroy L.