[ppml] Policy Proposal: Authentication of Legacy Resources

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Mon Jul 9 22:18:47 EDT 2007

I agree.  It would be a good start to actually have a mechanism
available so a legacy holder could figure out how to join up, and what
the cost and other implications would be.

> I see this as the biggest problem though. If the cost to
> legacy address
> holders are too high, they won't bother. The carrot of
> renewed legitimacy
> only goes so far.

The cost is mostly not money.  If I  can't justify my address space
under the current rules, I'm not sure I will sign up.  There is a
certain amount of freedom that one does not get with provider supplied
address space.

Keith W. Hare