[ppml] Incentive to legacy address holders

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Jul 6 18:11:53 EDT 2007

I too am a legacy /24 multi-homed user/holder.  I got on ppml as my ASN came
from ARIN a number of years ago.  I too had no clue what RSA did or didn't
mean until I got an end-user assignment for "work."

The revolt-like comments with all the levity of torching the homes of legacy
holders is, in a way humorous.  The energy of youth can often be endearing
if not tempered.

I've been preparing for a couple of months to apply for an IPv6 End User
Assignment but I have other projects that have been sucking my time dry.
(Not time to apply, but the time to implement.)  If I were approved and the
fees were paid, would I be able to convert my legacy network into "good
standing?"  From Andrew's recent proposal I can't tell if this would meet
the requirements.

peter