[ppml] FW: 2006-7 IPV6 Initial Allocation suggested changes-InputRequested

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Jan 29 15:10:49 EST 2007

I'm not a lawyer, but yesterday talking to one, told me that an arbitrary
restriction (not based in any technical reasons, or something similar) to
access a resource, such as the 200 /48 will be against Spanish laws to
protect discrimination among different company size, anti-trust, etc.

My guess is that this regulation is a transposition of EU laws, so it will
apply to many European countries.

In general, membership organizations can setup their own rules (our
policies), but those can't go beyond law or restrict it.

Of course, law in US may be different. My view is that this should be
double-checked in each region.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Howard, W. Lee" <Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com>
> Responder a: <Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com>
> Fecha: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:11:57 -0500
> Para: <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>, <ppml at arin.net>
> Conversación: [ppml] FW: 2006-7 IPV6 Initial Allocation suggested
> changes-InputRequested
> Asunto: RE: [ppml] FW: 2006-7 IPV6 Initial Allocation suggested
> changes-InputRequested
>

>> Jordi
>>> De: Stephen Sprunk <stephen at sprunk.org> Responder a:
>
>>> might argue about the placement of the bar (i.e. the number of
>>> assignments), but it's hard to argue with the need for _some_ bar.
>>> We're talking about consuming global routing table slots
>> here (even if
>>> ARIN doesn't explicitly acknowledge that).  We can't just give them
>>> out to anyone who asks without _some_ justification showing
>> they have
>>> a bona fide need for such.
>>
>> Agree, routing table slots are important, but we can't go
>> beyond "ultra-conservation" artificially and against freedom
>> of business establishment. Can it be a case for a court ? I
>> don't think we should even risk for that possibility.
>
> What does "freedom of business establishment" mean?
>
> Just so I can properly prepare, in what way do you imagine this
> going to court?  What would be the case made against ARIN?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !