[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-15: Authentication of Legacy Resources - version 1.1

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Fri Aug 31 17:57:32 EDT 2007

Keith W. Hare wrote:
> By the time the RSA for legacy resource holders is available, and ARIN
> starts an outreach to legacy resoure holders, it is going to be
> December, 2007.

The policy states that the RSA should be ready on January 1, 2008.  If
that doesn't happen until December, then the following section of the
policy proposal will apply:

> If this policy is
> implemented after December 31, 2007, the trigger dates in the policy
> should be adjusted appropriately.

The intent of the policy proposal is to provide 1 year from the date the
RSA becomes available and the date that it becomes required for all
updates to legacy registrations.

> How about saying "No changes shall be made to legacy resource records
> which are not covered by a registration services agreement after
> December 31, 2008."
>
> This gives another year for the RSA and the outreach and for legacy
> resource holders to work whatever fees through what ever budget
> processes and the RSA through whatever legal review.

Are you worried that less than a year would be provided (the concern I
addressed above), or that legacy resource record holders need more than
a year to get an RSA signed?

-Scott