[ppml] Combining Forecasts

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri Aug 31 13:05:09 EDT 2007

Thinking out loud here.  In order to accommodate the relative size of
the organization and their associated use within the larger depletion
forecasts, the model would have to be broken up to show utilization
based upon organization size.  So, in ARIN's case, what are the
usage/depletion forecasts based upon utilization of:

- Micro /24 - </20
- Small /20 - /19
- Medium >/19 - /16
- Large >/16 - /14
- X-Large >/14

Perhaps grouping Micro, Small and Medium into Small, so we have Small,
Large and X-large, based upon the assumption that there is more mobility
between the three lower tiers (Micro to Small, Small to Medium, etc.)
than between the other two.  This would simplify the model a bit and
provide a basis for policies that reserve space for the small providers.

Mike