[ppml] RIR allocation data parsing scripts, was: Re: Combining Forecasts

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Aug 31 09:02:11 EDT 2007

On 30-aug-2007, at 22:03, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:

>> Yes, they publish it daily on their FTP sites. Let me know if you
>> want the php script to dump this info in a mysql database.

> Is this the same script that feeds
> http://www.bgpexpert.com/addrspace.php or something similar?

Yes.

> If so I
> would greatly appreciate the tool so that I can munge the data at
> will.

Here you go: http://www.bgpexpert.com/rircountcode.tar.gz

These are the scripts that put the data in the database, you'll have
to think of queries to get it out of there yourself.  :-)

No implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose etc and so
forth ad nauseum et infinitum, you get the point.

> I should add that having the data is Step 1.  What is the
> likelihood of
> the RIR's accepting a statistical analysis of that data with an
> attached
> projection and then officially announcing that timeline?

They've often said that they don't do that, which is understandable
considering the difficulties.