[ppml] Free Market

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun Aug 26 11:23:07 EDT 2007

On 26-aug-2007, at 17:08, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Phone Number changes:
> 	In order to have a phone number, you either ARE or have  a
> 	business relationship with a LEC.  The LEC has as part of their
> 	contract a provision for renumbering you in certain circumstances.

I somehow doubt that this has been in all the contracts since the
Bell company started doing business in the 19th century.

As I've said before, I don't think large scale reclaiming is going to
do all that much for us, but if it would, I can't believe that lack
of a few signatures would be enough to stiffle the growth of the
world wide internet that has already become crucial to the economy of
many countries.

Not sure how it works in the US, but here in Holland if they want to
build a railway through your property, the government CAN take that
property away from you under some circumstances.