[ppml] 2007-15 Legacy Record Authentication: Feedback and editing

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Mon Aug 20 21:22:36 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I wrote 2007-15 after a number of discussions with different ARIN community
members about what could be done to encourage and get legacy IPv4 resource
holders more involved in ARIN and specifically to bring those legacy
records into a formal and defined relationship with ARIN.   This policy
proposal was written to hopefully address some of those areas through
policy changes.

http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2007_15.html

The policy proposal text has induced quite a lot of discussion, as I
expected, some of it around the policy and also spawning other discussions
about legacy holders in general and the future or IPv4 & IPv6.

I've written a short survey to help me as the author refine the policy
proposal and hopefully present a policy at the upcoming meeting that will
hopefully represent an option that the community can consider to implement
in the future.

If you are interested in this topic and this policy please visit this URL
and fill out the short survey, I'll use the responses to fine-tune the
policy text for presentation at the next meeting.

http://www.quark.net/survey/survey.php?sid=29

The survey will be open until Aug 28, 2007.  After that I'll gather the
feedback, produce an updated version of the policy and submit it to PPML.

Thanks,
Andrew