[ppml] Policy Proposal: Expand timeframe of Additional Requests

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Sat Aug 18 03:20:46 EDT 2007

On 17 Aug 2007, at 20:59, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

[...]

> Thus without ARIN approval I don't see how an "ebay market for
> IPv4" can
> exist that would allow responsibility for blocks to be passed between
> organizations, when there are people waiting in line for IPv4.

You would get it if sufficient demand for a market existed and some
other organisation was willing to provide a registry that operated by
a different set of policies. However, as ARIN's policies are set by
consensus, the situation where ARIN's policies diverge significantly
from the policies demanded by its constituency is unlikely to arise.
The real issue is whether the participants in ARIN's policy making
process want to keep the FCFS model or would prefer to move to a
market-based model.

Regards,

Leo Vegoda