[ppml] Policy Proposal: Expand timeframe of Additional Requests

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Thu Aug 16 16:22:47 EDT 2007

Thus spake "Paul Vixie" <paul at vix.com>
> would the ARIN community agree to pay higher fees to build a
> cash hoard that ARIN could then use to "buy back" legacy space
> which would then be given to IANA to hand out on a "right to use,
> based on need" basis?  (i'm not proposing this and i'm definitely
> not speaking as a trustee when pondering it, but i am curious to
> hear some answers.)

I love that idea, however I propose the maximum price ARIN pay be the same
as those orgs paid to acquire their blocks in the first place.  Adjust for
inflation if desired; it'll be $0 either way.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov