[ppml] Buying time...

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Tue Apr 24 16:02:54 EDT 2007

Tony, Bill:

I think that the situation is a bit more
complicated that what I can understand from your comments.
I agree regarding IPv6 is the solution, but IPv6
will not be widely adopted only because we think that would be the solution.
So, we will have to deal with IPv4 still for some
more time. And we have to work in ensuring the
same possibilities of access to IPv4 resources to everybody around the world.
IMHO we have to work in making IPv6 more feasible
bat also in paralel we have to work in optimizing
the usage of IPv4. It can be done in a "non very
painful" way. I guess that nobody can obstract
Intenet development. Concluding, "buying time"
could be benefitial for the community, and it is enough for me.

Raúl