[ppml] the "other" policy proposals

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:23:03 EDT 2007

On 4/8/07, Martin Hannigan <martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs> wrote:

> I appreciate a good slamming and can take it, but let's
> stay on-topic. Should board members be pushing policy
> that they are going to vote on? It was a very simple
> thought,
> and not even conclusive or authoritative.

I see nothing wrong with anyone proposing or defending policy, no matter what
board they're on.

Noone appears to have actually made any policy proposal that board
members be forced  to not publicly discuss policy whatever they may
vote on.

So I fail to see how this vein is at all on-topic, with regards to the
policy discussion...

I say debate the merits of policy itself all day if you like, but
never the "merits" of a participant.   I would regard it as
inappropriate, for instance, to attempt to strike
down a  proposal,  by urging that the proposer is not qualified or
that the proposer
will cause others to have an undue bias.

And I agree with those that don't see much chance that a board member
coerces the public.

--
-J