[ppml] the "other" policy proposals

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Apr 7 21:56:55 EDT 2007

    > Should Board Members be proposing, and defending, proposed
    > policies?

You've made your thoughts on that matter very, very clear, to all who will
listen, many many times.  I've run, and won, twice, on the platform that
I'm interested in, and have been successful at, working on achieving
advances in ARIN policy which have widespread support.  This is not a
boast or some kind of claim of anything special, it's just work.  I've
offered to do that work, and the membership has, twice, taken me up on
that offer.  I'm not going to rescind that offer, once accepted, because
you don't like it.  If I decide to run again, you're very welcome to
either run against me, on a platform of not working, or to campaign
against me, on the platform that I shouldn't work.

Going behind the membership's back and trying to get non-public policy
made that precludes that work is dishonest and underhanded, and just makes
all the more work for me.  I'd really rather you stopped doing it.

                                -Bill