[ppml] the "other" policy proposals

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Apr 6 22:34:51 EDT 2007

    > http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2007_1.html
    > http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2007_2.html
    > http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2007_3.html
    >
    > For as much as is on the surface, but against if the method appears in WhoIs.

There's no requirement for it to do so, and I agree, that would be an
ill-conceived implementation.

    > This is a dumb question, but these are to be implemented in order, 1,
    > 2, 3, and if 1 is not approved 2 fails, if 2 fails, 3 fails, right?

Correct.  If 1 fails, we will immediately withdraw 2 and 3, since they
would no longer serve any function.

    > Will ARIN match the security mechanism used in the response to the
    > security of the object?  If a POC uses PGP, ARIN responds with PGP,
    > if the POC uses X509, will ARIN?

That would be the sensible thing to do, it seems to me.  We didn't want to
get into over-specifying how all this should be done.  The idea of the
proposal was to define a set of minimum needs, rather than detail an exact
implementation, which we feel can better be arrived at by staff
interacting with membership in the real world.

                                -Bill