[ppml] My view on IPv4 (was: Re: IPv4 wind-down)

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Wed Apr 4 13:35:57 EDT 2007

> >Can anybody document the 50% figure?  When I go to:
> >  http://www.arin.net/statistics/jointstats.pdf
> >
> >It looks to me like ARIN has only assigned about 30% of the allocated
> >IPv4 space.

There was space assigned (in the ARIN region and elsewhere) before ARIN
existed.  Those statistics are great, though, and I appreciate the work
Registration Services staff and their peers at the other RIRs do.

> http://resources.potaroo.net/iso3166/v4cc.html
>
> (Its a pretty crude approach, and it uses the country code in
> the RIRs' stats files as the means of matching country codes
> to assignments)

That's pretty nifty.  Is there any way to list hostcount along with
headcount?  (e.g.  http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0883396.html )

Lee