[ppml] ARIN member in good standing?

Peter Sherbin pesherb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 16:58:25 EDT 2006

>Many people believe that the recipient of numbering resources also
> acquires some obligations along with them

Many people believing something do not necessarily make that thing to be true. As a
user of a postal address I feel no obligations to the Postal Service. Contrary to
that I expect the postal service to deliver my prepaid message in a timely and
secure fashion.

The Internet is an electronic version of a global postal service. As such it should
move to a proper financial model where each delivery is paid for according to its
volume and destination.

Here is a proposed model:
PI addresses
RIR invoices every entity with telecommunications licence in the region a per
sibscriber fee to cover admin expenses
Regional issuer of telecom licenses determines the fee amount as well as makes such
fee a condition of the license (don't mean to regulate the Internet but please share
your comments)

Thanks,

Peter Sherbin