[ppml] CIDR support for whois.arin.net / merging whois with rr data?

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Sep 14 18:34:28 EDT 2006

Asking for CIDR is good - I tried doing it once before even when it was
"old" ARIN whois server, obviously it has not been implimented...

Regarding copy whois into RR - ARIN will probably not do it since RR
is running on different type of software (at least from what I know -
somebody from ARIN can clarify), but possibly they could add an option
to sub-lookup in RR database together with ARIN's regular whois. My
understanding however is that in US RRs are not quite as centric to RIR
as it is with RIPE/APNIC so data can well be in some other RR and ARIN
does not want to provide such data with regular whois if it can not
trust it - again somebody from ARIN would have to clarify.