[ppml] Proposed Policy: Changes to IPv6 initial allocation criteria

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Oct 12 14:34:23 EDT 2006

Hi Andrew,

I see your point.

I don't think that makes too much difference and the people that apply for a
prefix is really because they want to do business with that prefix. However,
I agree that an alternative text (removing also the /48) could be:

"be an existing, known ISP in the ARIN region or have a plan for making
assignments to other organizations within five years."

My understanding is that this is different policy proposal and I will be
happy to submit it also, so we have two choices (this one a bit more
"conservative").

The question here is to ask for ARIN staff or AC advise. Should I submit one
more proposal, or can both choices somehow be considered as part of the same
one ?

Regards,
Jordi