[ppml] IPv6 initial allocation policy

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Mar 13 14:29:29 EST 2006

I don't know about a coalition of companies, but, in the ARIN region, there
are at least 2 policy proposals under discussion to try and resolve this
issue.  Kevin Loch and I have authored 2005-1 which is one of the proposals.
Andrew Dul has authored 2006-4 which is the other.  2006-4 is more
restrictive
and limited to much larger organizations (requires 80% utilization of at
least an IPv4 /19 and makes no allowance for sites which do not already
have at least a /19 IPv4 direct assignment).

I hope you will support 2005-1 as I believe it provides a solution to
not only the largest and wealthiest companies, but, also to any company
currently eligible for IPv4 PI space.

Owen DeLong
Policy Author
DeLong Consulting
owen at delong.com
408-921-6984

--On March 13, 2006 10:07:27 AM -0600 "Anthony A. Crumb"