[ppml] IPv6 initial allocation policy

Davis, Terry L terry.l.davis at boeing.com
Mon Mar 13 11:50:25 EST 2006

Anthony

All of us in the large corporate realm are facing exactly that same
dilemma.  We literally cannot consider deploying IP-v6 until this is
resolved such that we can obtain our own provider independent address
space.

Besides our obligations to our customers and suppliers; we also still
have to meet the new Sarbanes-Oxley rules which may actually prohibit us
from utilizing IP-v6 due to an increased risk that acceptance of a
single provider solution seems to imply.  And regardless, our business
folks simply point out it is a bad business practice to be so dependent
on a single supplier, especially for global corporations like ours.

Take care

Terry L Davis

Boeing Technical Fellow