[ppml] v6 multihoming and route filters

sandy at tislabs.com sandy at tislabs.com
Fri Jun 30 17:27:57 EDT 2006

>What keeps being overlooked here is that the concept of a global DFZ is
>artificial, and was originally specifically intended to sort out the players
>who could afford serious routers from the rest.

What is certainly not artificial is that the capacity of the router
platforms must be sufficient to handle the largest routing table they
might carry.  That depends on the routing architecture design,
certainly.  If the routing architecture is such that some ISPs could
end up carrying routes to every announced prefix, then we worry
about the capacity curve staying ahead of the demand curve.

And people have been pointing out just how slow the capacity curve grows.

Business relationships won't control this.

--Sandy