[ppml] v6 multihoming and route filters

Azinger, Marla marla_azinger at eli.net
Thu Jun 29 11:38:21 EDT 2006

If the IETF V6ops WG doesn't give traction to this solution then this WG will push this to become resolved in other conference mediums.  The charter for IETF appears to involve this type of work and to me appears to be the most appropriate place.

There are a large number of people who would like to open filters to /48 so we can freely multihome.  However, it is shut down comments like this that scare many people off from participating in discussion and using their voice to say what they would like to see done with routing.  I may appear as one small voice, but there are allot of unheard ones out there that agree with the /48 filter.

Due to the lack of another solution for upstream providers to provide multihoming, I see it as good solution.  I also believe that this solution should be given serious consideration.  Weigh out the pro's and con's.  Not having a solution for upstream providers to provide multihoming is a very large con for not using an available solution today. Especially since without our V6 capable networks, v6 wont be routed or used at all.

As for swamp.  It won't be swamp if no other solution is created, and as of today their is large conflict over what solution and if that developed solution will even work.  So it may never become swamp.  And if it does, I'm sure we can adapt and overcome.

Thank you for your time
Marla Azinger
Frontier Communications