[ppml] 2005-1 status

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Jan 31 04:42:21 EST 2006

> Think about it: McDonalds would qualify for a /31 (or so) under this
> proposal, as much or more than most ISPs.  They'd be able to assign a
> _every hamburger they sell_, not just the stores.  While I'm sure that
would
> be entertaining, is this a reasonable policy direction?

I thought that IPv6 policy already specifies that addresses
are to be used for Internet infrastructure. In that case
the only way Macdonalds could assign an address per hamburger
would be to embed a network device within the sandwich. I think
it is highly unlikely that network devices containing poisonous
materials would ever be embedded within edible products.

So then, where in 2005-01 does it override the existing
policy and allow assigning addresses for uses other than
network infrastructure?

--Michael Dillon