[ppml] Proposed Change to AC Initial Review Period

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Jan 25 04:56:04 EST 2006

> The rationale for this change is that at the end of the review period
> the AC is required to take an action.  In order to do this it must
> convene a meeting. The current criteria could put a burden on the AC as
> it could prompt the necessity of having very frequent meetings to
> perform this duty.  The proposed change would allow the AC to meet no
> more than monthly to perform this task.

Since the twice yearly ARIN meeting is an integral
part of the policy process, there is already a
"policymaking calendar" in place. It seems reasonable
to extend this concept of a calendar to include the
AC meetings and perhaps even go so far as to include
the act of publishing the policy proposals.

The end result would be that we can plan our year by knowing
on exactly which day policy proposals will be published on
the list, and on which day the results of the AC review
will be published. To supplement this, perhaps a brief
notice could go out to the members list as a heads up
that something is being published on PPML (i.e. new
policy proposal or AC review results).

--Michael Dillon