[ppml] Proposed Change to AC Initial Review Period

Sam Weiler weiler at tislabs.com
Tue Jan 24 20:48:52 EST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Member Services wrote:

> The proposed change would remove the current requirement for an AC
> review within ten (10) business days from the date the proposal is
> posted on the public policy mailing list, and instead require the
> review to take place at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the
> AC.

This sounds reasonable and I generally support it, but ...

I'm curious as to what happens to proposals submitted just before a
meeting, right at the 60-day cut-off.  If a decision on those was
deferred 45 days three bad things could happen:

    a) most importantly, if the AC decline sthe proposal, there
       wouldn't be time to petition to have it considered at
       the next meeting
    b) there would only be 15 days for mailing list discussion, rather
       than the 30 days required by the current IRPREP.
    c) there could be difficulty with finalizing and printing the
       meeting agenda (will the proposal be on the agenda or not?)

To be clear, I would NOT support extending the 60-day-before-a-meeting
cut-off.

Perhaps the 10-day requirement could be retained for proposals
submitted close to meetings?

-- Sam