[ppml] 2005-1 status

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Tue Jan 24 18:18:32 EST 2006

We should at least learn some lessons from previous routing scalability
problems.  Personally, I do not believe the routing table growth problem
will ever be solved until we separate the routing identifier from the
end
system identifier.  However, until that is done, we have to look at IPv6
as it stands.

Owen, so OK the conversation continues to be about changing address policy
and shim6 and deagregations and .....

Why is GBP sacrosanct?  Is there no better method of routing large scale
networks?  You mention a technique above.  Is this a legitimate pursuit?
Are there others?  Does the problem we keep arguing about need to be solved
with tweaks? Seems everything  is about preserving the BGP routing
tables....isn't there a routing fix?

bd