[ppml] 2005-1 status

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Jan 24 04:49:14 EST 2006

> Why should the criteria for PI in v6 be ANY different than with v4?
> What was large under v4 is somehow not large under v6 apparently?
> Turn in you v4 PI block for a v6 PI block.

OK, assuming that we accept this, the only additional
thing that needs to be decided is what size of v6 PI
block to give.

Why should the method of sizing these v6 blocks be
ANY different than the existing method of sizing
v6 blocks? Either these applicants are LIRs and
get a /32 or they are not and they get a /48 unless
they can show that they are VERY LARGE SUBSCRIBERS.

This is in accord with the existing v6 policy. Since
the proposal is to change the existing policy, it really
should be clear about which bits are being changed and
why those changes are justified.

--Michael Dillon