[ppml] 2005-1 status

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jan 24 03:32:41 EST 2006

There is a collection of constituents which is >5 which believes that
after seeing the rewrites to 2005-1 presented in LA, the original 2005-1
is more likely to achieve consensus and should be revoted.

If I see something resembling consensus coming out of the PPML
discussion, I will work with Kevin and Lea to produce a new version
of 2005-1 that I think is more in line with that consensus.

If not, I'll suggest we go with Kevin's proposal presented on PPML
earlier today.  There are some things I don't like in it (I'm not sure
I agree with penalizing early adopters just because they happen
to have legacy blocks), but, I can live with it.

Owen