[ppml] Proposed Policy: MicroAllocations for Internal Infrastructure

Jason Schiller (schiller@uu.net) jason.schiller at mci.com
Wed Feb 15 03:01:11 EST 2006

Louie,

Thank you very much for your comments!

Your point about ARIN policies not dictating or implying routability is
well taken, and I suspect that language will need to be removed or changed
to something like "... should NOT be routed on global Internet."

What I was trying to accomplish with this sentence, was to prevent this
policy from 1. being used to get PI space, and 2. making sure that this
policy does not contribute to polluting the global IPv6 routing table.

Does any one have any advice on some better language?  Or is the policy
still strong enough with out that sentence?

As for allocation and assignment, I am fine with changing the word, but
I guess I am a little confused about the official ARIN definition of
allocation and assignment.

I thought allocation is something ARIN does to LIRs (or end-sites), and
assignment is something LIRs do to end-sites.  If this is wrong, then I
probably have the wrong words in the policy, and will be happy to change
this.  Can someone set this straight?

___Jason

Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       schiller at uu.net
UUNET / Verizon                         jason.schiller at verizonbusiness.com

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.