[ppml] Version think... was: alternative to 2005-1

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Mon Feb 13 13:50:55 EST 2006

http://www.ripe.net/rs/ipv6/stats/ shows that RIPE NCC and APNIC
are the two largest IPv6 regions, triple and double ARIN's number
of allocations.

http://www.apnic.net/docs/policy/ipv6-address-policy.html#5.4
"To qualify for an initial allocation of IPv6 address space, an
organization must: a.  be an LIR; b. not be an end site; "

http://www.ripe.net/rs/ipv6/index.html
"the RIPE NCC allocates IPv6 address space to its members, the so-called
"Local Internet Registries" (LIR's). "
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ipv6policy.html#initial_allocation
"To qualify for an initial allocation of IPv6 address space, an
organisation must:  a) be an LIR; b) not be an End Site;"

I don't know whether there is current work underway to provide
PI assignments in those regions, but as far as I can tell they
do not assign IPv6 space to end users.

By the way, the RIRs maintain a comparative policy list, so you
can fairly quickly check policies for each region.
http://www.arin.net/community/rir_comp_matrix.html (oops: Error 404)

http://www.nro.net/documents/nro27.html

Lee