[ppml] question on 2006-2 v6 internal microallocation

Jason Schiller schiller at uu.net
Wed Aug 23 20:43:16 EDT 2006

Stacy, Bill,

Thanks, that is good feed back.  The authors of 2006-2 agreed to take out
that text in the second attempt, since "ARIN does not set routing policy"

But that still leaves part of the question unanswered.  Is it worth noting
that the intent is that this micro-allocation for critical infrastructure
is not intended to be advertised to the global routing table (without
trying to set routing policy)?

There seems to be some people that can more easliy adopt this policy given
that in theory there should be no impact on the global routing
table.  There is one set of conditions that allow you to qualify for this
space, and those conditions prevent you from routing the micro-allocation
as an aggregate, thus the routes will never get outside of your routing
domain.

Just wondering if people find value in that as part of the policy, or is
clearly understood?

__Jason

Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       schiller at uu.net
UUNET / Verizon                         jason.schiller at verizonbusiness.com

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.