[ppml] ARIN requiring corporate paperwork for an orgid?

Kevin Loch kloch at hotnic.net
Fri Aug 11 23:42:48 EDT 2006

They've been doing that for at least three years if you
try to create an org ID with the Org template.  Since
Org ID isn't a required field on the SWIP templates you
can probably have one created as a side effect of the
SWIP processing without the hassle. In that case they might
assume that you have done the verification already.

I could understand doing this kind of due dilligence on
transfer requests but it does seem excessive for simple
delegations.

Hovever that doesn't bother me as much as the prohibition against P.O.
Boxes. What is the rationale behind that? Why is it necessary to have
the street address of sensitive facilities (frequently datacenters or
even private residences) be published?

- Kevin