[ppml] "Recommended Practices" procedure

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Apr 26 02:50:24 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:22:40AM -0700, Azinger, Marla wrote:
> What I see frustrating here is that everyone agrees we need some sort of "internet community agreement" that addresses V6 routing.  I hear alot of people asking for this, including myself.  Yet I dont hear any specific forum stepping forward to help facilitate this need.
>
> Saying Jason is passing the buck is really not true.  I see him as one of the people yelling outloud "hey I'm here to help, but a need a forum to facilitate."

	perhaps i am getting old and mis-understanding/mis-remembering
	previous discussions, but i do remember some discussion about
	collusion and anti-trust issues if ARIN was to specify/dictate
	what could or could not be routed.  To reiterate, i do not think
	arin is the right plce for this ...

--bill

> I ask myself "why does it appear that all known forums" are unwilling to touch this issue?  I keep hearing "its not our charter".  When I hear this "reason" I wonder again, do these charters exist as a hard bound document and if so, maybe it should be re-written.  Or is there a "stewardship and spirit of the charter" that exists that we just need to acknowledge?

	see above. :)

--bill