[ppml] does 2005-8 need clarification?

Bill Van Emburg arin-member at quadrix.com
Thu Apr 6 19:08:20 EDT 2006

Lea Roberts wrote:
> to measure the HD ratio,  i.e. counting /56s rather than /48s.  I'm sorry
> to hear you don't agree that ISPs ought to be the ones to choose what size
> address block they assign to a customer who has more than one subnet.  are
> you saying the /48 fits all??					/Lea

I'm saying that I agree with IETF's original assessment as to where to
put the site boundary for the time being.  I think that folks are a
little too concerned with getting it "right," regardless of the
near-term difficulties that imposes.  I think that folks are a little
too concerned with a portion of the address space being allocated
differently from what we'll do in 5 or 10 years (or longer).

The bigger problem right now is getting anyone to make use of the space.
  How can we facilitate the conversion of the Internet from IPv4 to IPv6?

-Bill Van Emburg