[ppml] Policy Proposal 2006-4: IPv6 Direct PI Assignments forEnd Sites - revised text

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Tue Apr 4 09:48:46 EDT 2006

http://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#six29

6.2.9. End site
An end site is defined as an end user (subscriber) who has a business
relationship with a service provider that involves:

that service provider assigning address space to the end user
that service provider providing transit service for the end user to
other sites
that service provider carrying the end user's traffic.
that service provider advertising an aggregate prefix route that
contains the end user's assignment

> A large (or even not so large) corporation may well act as a transit
> provider to remote corporate locations;
> I would argue that the entire entity is a end site, no matter how
> distributed, but I just wanted to make
> this clear.

An end site is an organization that gets assignments and transit
from an upstream.  Under this definition, if an organization gets
an (unaggregatable) PI assignment, it is not an end site.  A
remote office could be considered to be an end site.

Lee