[ppml] Alternative address distribution systems (was Proposal 2005-8)

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Fri Sep 2 14:00:03 EDT 2005

I'm glad somebody brought this up.  There's been no discussion
in this neighborhood of alternative address distribution
systems.  Kind of odd, since there's been lots of talk about
it in other places.  For instance:

http://www.circleid.com/channel/index/C0_1_1/
http://www.circleid.com/channel/index/C0_8_1/
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/tsb-director/itut-wsis/files/zhao-netgov01.doc
http://www.wgig.org/docs/WGIGREPORT.pdf

What would people here think of allocating part of IPv6 to
alternative registries?  Would it make a difference in your
opinion if the registries were national?  Would it make a
difference in your opinion if the ITU were coordinating?

Lee