[ppml] IPv6>>32

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon May 16 05:13:26 EDT 2005

> Your enterprise does not have to be particularly large for renumbering
> be a complex task.  Imagine even a small company with a couple of
hundred
> customers who connect over VPN tunnels.  Now, imagine renumbering all of
> the virtual addresses used on the client side and all of the tunnel end
> point addresses for that series of customer connections in order to
> switch providers.

I'm afraid I can't imagine this since I do not have the IPv6
operational experience to extrapolate. I do know enough to realize
thatr my IPv4 experience does not apply. Does anyone here know of
a resource that explains how IPv6 renumbering is accomplished in
a real-world operational context? I know that there are many
medium-sized networks who have gone through IPv6 renumbering recently
as they transitioned off the 6-bone tunnels and onto native
IPv6 networks.

--Michael Dillon