[ppml] IPv6>>32

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 12 17:14:23 EDT 2005

> Yeah, and that said, I'd submit that before the nonsensical digits are
> replaced, they will be embedded deeper by means we already know and
> understand (which is the easy way..and the way it goes)...

This is already the case.

> DNS provides the abstraction to make those nonsense identifiers function
> more 'user friendly' and at the same time providing flexibility.  ARP does
> the same.

SS7 is sort of like telephone DNS, but, it translates dialed/dialing numbers
into billing numbers and destination identifiers.  It turns out that all
of these numbers have the same format and look a lot alike (in the
US/Canada,
anyway, it's 3 digit NPA, 3 digit NXX, 4 digit suffix).

This is how LNP is achieved and how TFNs (800 numbers) are routed as well.
Hence my claim it has already been done.

Owen