[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 HD ratio

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue May 10 13:16:56 EDT 2005

>>> It seems to me following the various threads that there is little
>>> resistance to the HD Ratio change.
>> i suspect that some folk may not understand all of the
>> implications. heck, i probably don't.  but one would seem to
>> be that it makes it even harder for the smaller folk and not
>> too much harder for the larger.
> Do you suggest a split level of HD Ratio requirement...one ratio
> for large and another for small?  If so, where would the demarc
> be?

well, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor thing is a basic
effect of the hd ratio.  log functions are not linear, doh.  and
making it a step log would be ugly.  how about 1 - log(n) ?  while
i do not mean that seriously, thinking about it might give the rich
a small inkling of how the poor feel.

randy