[ppml] Petition Request for HD Ratio proposal

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Wed Mar 9 06:05:38 EST 2005

This is a formal petition to advance the policy proposal entitled
"Adding an HD ratio choice for new IPv4 allocations". The full
text of the proposal is posted on the ARIN website at this URL:
http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/ppml/3175.html
This policy proposal incorporates changes to address the
objections raised the last time a similar proposal was
before the members. I believe that we should all support
discussing and EVOLVING policy in the open forum of
the meetings.

According to the Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process,
people who wish to document their support for the petition
must do the following within the next five (5) days:

1) post a response to the Public Policy Mailing List
   stating their support for the proposal, and
2) send email to petition at arin.net with full point of
   contact information, including their telephone number
   and organizational affiliation.

The ARIN President will verify whether people from at
least four different organizations support the petitioned
policy proposal.

If you have any questions about this process you may wish to refer
to the ARIN website at http://www.arin.net/policy/ipep.html for the
full text explaining the petition process.

--Michael Dillon